No more abandoning your items at Security!
Nice Côte d’Azur airport now offers passengers a deposit service for items not allowed in the cabin.
A deposit service for items not allowed on flights
Since 22 May 2018, if an item is confiscated at security because it is not allowed in the cabin (sharp items, containers or bottles over 100 ml, etc.) the agent will offer passengers several options: destruction, collection by a trusted person, registration as hold baggage (as before), or a new and improved deposit service in partnership with Tripperty.
Thanks to this new service, the passenger can leave their confiscated item in standardised packaging, inside a secure container within the security zone itself.
They will then have 21 days to connect on the falsemediumwhiteTripperty website, use the secure online service, and indicate how they want to retrieve their deposited item:
- physical collection from the reception desk at the Safebag Services Centre in Terminal 2
- delivery to their home or an address of their choice, within 48 hours following connection
- or donation to an association
Yet another great idea from Nice Côte d’Azur Airport’s Safebag Services Centre - open 7 days a week, from 6 AM to 11:15 PM - which already provides a whole range of services big and small to make passengers’ lives easier:
- luggage deposit,
- lost and found,
- letter deposit,
- document printing,
- or for parents of young children, hire of childcare items: baby carrier, car seat, high chair, folding bed, baby baths, etc.
- One of the most commonly used services is luggage wrapping and protection against impact and theft.