Minsk, heading for the city of the phoenix
One thing's for sure: a Nice-Minsk flight is unlike any other. First, because the destination is so much more mysterious. And with good reason: with just 100,000 visitors a year, Belarus is the least touristic country in Europe! Second, because in a little under 3 hours, a non-stop Nice-Minsk flight will take you back more than half a century, to the time of the USSR. The entire city is a call-back to Stalinist architecture. It's unnerving. It’s fascinating! And it’s definitely worth the trip.
Useful information for your trip to MinskVoir plus Voir moins
To compare all Nice-Minsk flights, prices, schedules, and durations, head to MisterFly. This renowned online flight booking specialist - and our partner - will give you all the information you need to find a great price on a Nice-Minsk flight and let you book without hidden fees. Added advantage: they’ll let you pay for your Nice-Minsk flight over four monthly instalments. A great opportunity from fly from Nice to Minsk without breaking the bank!
The formalities for travelling to Minsk
- Entry requirements: in July 2018, Belarus simplified entry requirements for French passport holders. Now, if your stay will be less than 30 days, you don't need a visa. That being said, you must still meet several strict conditions: fly in and out of the Minsk International Airport, be in possession of a passport valid at least 3 months past your return date, carry medical and repatriation insurance in your name, and hand over (in cash) a sum equivalent to 46 roubles per day of your stay in Belarus.
- Currency: in Minsk, you’ll be using Belarus roubles. One rouble is currently equal to around 40 Euro cents.
Your Nice-Minsk direct flight
Belavia and its Nice-Minsk flight is the only non-stop flight between the French Riviera and Belarus, and can be found in Terminal 1 of the Nice Côte d’Azur Airport.
As you well know, to ensure your safety and that of all of our passengers, we have rigorous security checks. And while we do everything possible to make these formalities as streamlined as possible, it’s best to arrive early at the airport, especially as flying from Nice to Minsk requires you to go through customs. We recommend arriving at least 1 hour 30 minutes before departure, adding an additional 15-20 minutes should you need to check a bag or collect your ticket from your airline’s counter.
Departure airport Nice Côte d’Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 1 Arrival airport Minsk International Airport
Arriving in Minsk
The Minsk International Airport is located around 40 kilometres from the city centre. To get there, you have several options.
- Take the bus: you can get to the city centre by taking bus 112, 173, or 300. The latter will drop you just a few steps from the main Minsk-Passazhirsky station and the Plošča Lienina underground station (Lenin square). The airport also offers a shuttle service: Aéroexpress lines 1400 and 1430. They will take you right to the major underground stations in the city centre. In all above cases, there’s a bus every 30 to 40 minutes and around 1 hour travel time.
- Take a taxi: for around €30 the driver will drop you in the city centre in 45 minutes. Find them outside the Arrivals Hall doors 5 and 6.
- Hire a car: 3 agencies have counters in the airport This will be useful should you wish to visit the Belarus countryside and its famous primeval forests.
What to do in
With nearly two million inhabitants, making it one of Europe’s most populated cities, Minsk is a giant in the middle of a tiny country of fewer than 10 million people. Old buildings are rare as the city was devastated by battles during World War II, which was particularly brutal here. But the capital of Belarus is no less impressive with its straight-lined, Cold War era buildings and monuments. A bleak façade hiding many treasures. A land of culture, and a city of remembrance and committed night owls: Minsk has more than one trick up its sleeve.
Regular flights Nice - MINSK MSQ
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 0
- Wed 1
- Thu 0
- Fri 0
- Sat 1
- Sun 1
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice-Minsk flight take?
Flight time between the French Riviera and the Belarus capital is on average 2 hours 50 minutes.
Which airlines provide Nice-Minsk direct flights?
Only Belavia offers flights between the French Riviera and the Belarus capital.
How many Nice-Minsk flights are there per week?
Belavia increases flights starting in spring. In April, they operate a rotation each Saturday between Nice and Minsk. In May, they double it with a flight Wednesdays and another Saturdays. In June, July, and August, they bump it up to 3 flights per week, with an additional flight Sundays. From September to October, they fall back to the 2 flight per week schedule.
How much does a Nice-Minsk flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Minsk return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 240€
What is the time difference between Nice and Minsk?
There’s no denying it: Stalinist architecture and a grey sky don't mix well! It’s a question of contrast. So if you’d like the see the capital of Belarus under a brighter sky, come as spring begins and through early autumn. This is also the perfect time to visit because you’ll be able to make the most of the country’s natural side, from its thousands of lakes to its immense and unforgettable forests.