Flying to the Hungarian capital
A Nice Budapest ticket always promises a fantastic holiday. The capital of Hungary never disappoints! With its irresistible gastronomy, its formidable heritage, its wonderful lifestyle and its lively nights, everyone will succumb to its charms. Including you! A glass of Tokaji, bathing in warm water beneath the stars, tasty goulash, an imperial palace, a wild ruin bar: a thousand delights await at the end of your Nice Budapest flight. Which will you choose? It’s up to you!
- With friends
Ville Reine des thermes
Useful information for your trip to BudapestVoir plus Voir moins
You can compare flight prices, timetables and durations for both low-cost and traditional airlines, to choose between a direct Nice-Budapest flight or one with stops. Once you’ve booked, you can pay online in one payment, or, if you prefer, Misterfly allows you to spread the cost of your ticket across several instalments! The perfect way to get a good deal for your Nice-Budapest flight!
The formalities for travelling to Budapest
- Entry requirements: Hungary is part of the Schengen Area. That means European citizens can have a holiday in Budapest with only their passport, or where applicable, their national identity card.
- Currencies: if you want to buy some of Hungary’s famous spice, you’ll pay for your paprika in forints. There are three forints to a euro. In order to cover your first purchases, you can get currency from Interchange in Terminal 2. This is handy, because although many shops and services in Budapest accept euros, the conversion rate they offer is unfavourable.
Your Nice-Budapest direct flight
With the Wizzair Nice-Budapest flight, your escape to Hungary starts at Terminal 2.
To make sure you don’t miss your appointment with the Queen of the Danube, allow plenty of time. If you already have your Nice-Budapest boarding pass and you’re travelling light, with just cabin baggage, arrive at the airport at least an hour before your departure time. Allow an extra quarter of an hour if you need to go to your airline check-in desk to get your boarding pass or put bags in the hold.
Departure airport Nice Côte d'Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 2 Arrival airport Budapest Ferenc Liszt Airport Arrival terminal Terminal 2B
Arriving at Budapest Airport
You will arrive at Terminal 2B of Budapest Ferenc Liszt Airport (sometimes referred to by its old name: Ferihegy). This airport is 16 kilometres from Budapest city centre. You can travel to the city in several ways:
- By bus: two lines travel to the capital. The 100E goes direct to the city centre, where it makes three different stops. Buses depart every 20 minutes, from 05:30 to 00:30. The 200E (or the 900 at night) will take you to Kőbánya-Kispest, the departure point for metro M3. From here, you can get to the city centre. From 04:00 in the morning to 23:00. The journey takes 50 minutes. Remember that public transport is free for European citizens aged over 65.
- By taxi: only one company is authorised to serve the airport: Főtaxi. The advantage: the prices are set, and you can pay for your journey directly at the airport, by cash or card (but always in forints!) before you even get into the taxi. The journey takes 30 minutes.
- By shuttle: MiniBud will take you right to your hotel. However, be warned that the shuttle only leaves when it has enough passengers, and drops everyone off on the way! Depending on your destination, it may take a long time.
- A hire car: There are 7 car rental companies at Terminal 2B.
What to do in
Feast your eyes on some stunning sights! With its bourgeois buildings from the Austro-Hungarian Empire, its castles and palaces, its amazing religious buildings and its Belle Époque thermal spa baths, Budapest is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful cities in Europe. Here, just taking the bus or tram can give you memories to last a lifetime. And it is not just because of its beauty that the Hungarian capital fascinates visitors. The atmosphere is also a key part of its appeal. With its trendy haunts, its big pedestrian streets and its hedonistic pleasures, Budapest is certainly the liveliest city in Eastern Europe.
Regular flights Nice - Budapest BUD
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 1
- Wed 0
- Thu 0
- Fri 0
- Sat 1
- Sun 0
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice Budapest flight take?
The average flight time for a Nice Budapest direct flight is 2h25.
Which airline provides the Nice Budapest direct flight?
For non-stop Nice-Budapest return flights, you will fly with Wizz Air on an Airbus.
How many Nice Budapest flights are there per week?
From April to late October, Wizz Air offers three flights a week to Budapest, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
How much does a Nice Budapest flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Budapest return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 163€
What is the time difference between Nice and Budapest?
Don’t worry about jet lag: there is no time difference.
What is the best time of year to visit Budapest?
Like all the world’s beautiful big cities, Budapest can be visited at any time of year. Even winter has its charms. The snow makes the city even more beautiful. And at Széchenyi Baths, the outdoor pools heated to around 40° are a pure joy when the air temperature is close to zero! If you dislike the cold, autumn and spring are good times to stroll on both banks of the Danube without catching a chill. Finally, in summer, Budapest has a fantastic event for lovers of rock music and its derivatives: Sziget Festival. For more than fifteen years, it has been held in August, on Óbuda Island (Óbudai-sziget). This modern-day Woodstock, with its non-stop concerts and amazing line-ups, always has a buzzing, youthful atmosphere. It is proof that the capital of Hungary is one of Europe’s trendiest cities.