Destination Caen and Normandy
With 4 Nice-Caen flights per month, the city of William the Conqueror is one of the more discreet destinations that depart from the French Riviera. A humility that’s surprising for a place with so much to offer. In just over an hour, a Nice-Caen direct flight drops you in the heart of one of France’s most beautiful regions, both stylish and magical: Calvados. From Lisieux to Bayeux, Cabourg to Camembert, Deauville and Honfleur, you’ll never have a dull moment!
Useful information for your trip to CaenSee more See less
Ready to surf the Channel? Best get surfing now! Surfing the internet that is, with MisterFly, our partner and expert in all that is flight bookings. Calculate your budget, get out your diary, and compare prices and schedules for flying from Nice to Caen. Then choose your seats for your Air France Nice-Caen flight - without paying any hidden fees. The best part? You can book your Nice-Caen flight last minute and even pay for your Nice-Caen direct flight in instalments!
Your Nice-Caen-Carpiquet direct flight
Enjoy Air France service as you fly from Nice to Caen with Hop!, their affiliate. Like its Air France cousins, France's top regional airline Hop! flies out of Terminal 2 of Nice Côte d'Azur Airport.
Already have your Nice-Caen plane ticket and travelling with cabin baggage only? In that case you can arrive at the airport just 1 hour before departure, which will give you time to go through security screenings stress-free. However, should you need to go the Air France counter, be sure to give yourself at least 15 additional minutes.
Departure airport Nice Côte d’Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 2 Arrival airport Caen-Carpiquet Airport
Arriving at Caen Airport
Caen-Carpiquet airport is on the outskirts of the Calvados prefecture, just 7 kilometres from its city centre. It’s easy to get there. You can:
- take the bus. Line 3 of the Twisto network leaves every 15 minutes from 5:30 am to 12:30 am (and 9 am to midnight Sundays and bank holidays). The trip takes about 20 minutes.
- take a taxi. This will cost between €20 and €30 depending on your destination.
- hire a car. You’ll find 5 agencies in the Arrivals Hall of the airport.
What to do in
As the stage for the D-Day landings on the beaches of Normandy, Caen paid a heavy price during the Second World War. Less than half of the city was still standing when it was finally liberated. Part of its incredible heritage was lost - but only part! It found an energy that’s as powerful as it is positive that makes today's Caen a first-rate city for art and culture. Caen shines, and the only thing that shines brighter are its people.
Caen, a city between land and seaSee more See less
Caen and its region offer you a choice: with or without kids? Either way, you can be certain that both pleasure and adventure await! Only their nature changes.
Heading for Normandy as a couple? Indulge your cultural side with the many museums and galleries the Calvados capital has to offer. Try your luck on the centuries-old green carpets of the Normandy coast casinos. Stroll hand in hand along the Honfleur quay or the Deauville boardwalk. Push through the doors of ancient timber-framed houses in Old Caen and sit down to a plate of tripe, the speciality the city is known for. Take a side trip to the country and discover just what can be done with an apple: try a glass of “calva”, cider, or Pommeau.
Heading to Caen as a family? Celebrate the memory of those heroes who lost their lives from 1939-1945 by visiting the Caen Memorial Museum. Jump into the chilly waves of the Channel. Go back to the time of Normandy knights as you take in the famous Bayeux Tapestry. Go on a cycle tour of the Normandy countryside or trot along the sandy beaches of Ouistreham.
The top 10 things to do in and around CaenSee more See less
- Visit the Caen Memorial Museum, an engrossing museum that tells the story of the Normandy invasion, the entire Second World War, and the Cold War that followed.
- Linger in the historic centre of Caen and see for yourself the cobblestone streets of the Vaugueux medieval quarter or the timber-framed houses of Rue Saint-Pierre, Rue de Geôle and the Rue Froide.
- Discover the sacred history of what is sometimes called the City of a Hundred Spires: the churches of Saint-Pierre and Saint-Etienne, and the Abbaye des Hommes and Abbaye des Femmes, both of which date back to the time of William the Conqueror. Truly unforgettable!
- Check out Caen Castle, one of the largest medieval fortresses in Europe. On the program: history, museums, and a breath-taking view of the city.
- Climb the 171 steps that take you up to the top of the lighthouse of Ouistreham, the seaside resort closest to Caen. At nearly 40 metres tall, you’ll have an incredible panoramic view of the sea and the port.
- Head for Bagneux and the William the Conqueror Centre to take in a masterpiece, the only of its kind and a true piece of French history: The Bayeux Tapestry. This 60 metre long tapestry tells the story of the 1066 conquest of England by William, Duke of Normandy.
- Try out one of Normandy’s favourite water sports: Land sailing. Sail across the sand at any pace, exhilarated by the wind and the speed. Accessible to ages 5 and up.
- Take a pilgrimage to Lisieux, the city of Saint Theresa, and visit the spectacular basilica dedicated to her.
- Get a taste of true hospitality at the chic and romantic resort cities of the Normandy coast: Honfleur, muse of impressionists, Cabourg, pearl of the Belle Epoque, and Deauville, jewel of the Côte Fleurie and pillar of American cinema, gambling and thoroughbreds.
- Wander the Pays d’Auge and discover the true taste of the villages of Camembert, Livarot or Pont-l’Évêque. Before becoming cheeses, these villages cultivated good taste with skill.
Regular flights Nice - Caen CFR
Flights per day :
- Mon 1
- Tue 0
- Wed 1
- Thu 0
- Fri 1
- Sat 0
- Sun 1
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 0
- Wed 0
- Thu 0
- Fri 1
- Sat 0
- Sun 1
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice-Caen flight take?
The average flight time from Nice to Caen is 1 hour 35 minutes.
Which airlines provide Nice-Caen direct flights?
Volotea & Air France flies you from the French Riviera to the Côte Fleurie.
How much does a Nice-Caen flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Caen return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 81€
What is the best time of year to visit Caen?
Follow the lead of the Allies and head for Normandy in June for peaceful walks in the medieval streets of Caen, on the boardwalks of Deauville, and in the countryside of Pays d’Auge. More in the mood for sun and sand? Hold out for July to get the most out of all of the summer activities and events the Côte Fleurie has to offer. Want to rub shoulders with Hollywood elites? Then September and the Deauville American Cinema Festival is the time for you.
Stuttgart Allemagne.from 97 €
Eindhoven Pays-Bas.from 131 €
Catane Italie.from 138 €
Palermo Italie.from 60 €
All direct destinations departing from Nice
FILTER BY REGION
Suèdefrom 89 €
Capitale décontractée et cosmopolite, De sa vieille ville charmante à l’île tendance de Södermaln, Stockholm attire les voyageurs du monde entier grâce à sa beauté et sa douceur de vivre.