Getaway to Figari: Discovering the Island of Beauty
Some travel far and wide to find paradise. Others find it in less than an hour, the length of a flight from Nice to Figari. This small village and its airport are the port of entry to one of the most beautiful regions of the Mediterranean: Southern Corsica. Be charmed by the cliffs of Bonifacio, the beaches of Porto-Vecchio or the natural pools of Bavella. This Eden will turn your Nice Figari plane ticket into a one-of-a-kind experience. One you’ll never forget!
The key to happiness is to never over-complicate! So save yourself from seasickness by taking a more direct route to the south of Corsica, with a direct Nice-Figari flight. When should you go? How much does a Nice Figari flight cost? Are there still seats available for this summer? Stop asking questions and start getting answers! Where? With our partner MisterFly, where you can book your direct Nice Figari return flight in just a few clicks, at your choice of dates and prices, and without hidden fees. .
Your Nice Figari direct flight
The Nice Figari Air Corsica flight is the only one that takes you right next to Lion de Roccapina and its famous beach, and it always flies from Terminal 2 at Nice Côte d'Azur Airport.
Give yourself enough time! For your holiday, but at the airport as well. Avoid stress by giving yourself enough time. Arrive one hour before departure when travelling with hand luggage. Add at least 15 minutes to that should you need to check your bags.
|Departure airport||Nice Côte d'Azur Airport|
|Departure terminal||Terminal 2|
|Arrival airport||Figari Southern Corsica Airport|
Arriving at Figari Airport
Nice-Figari by plane is just the beginning of your trip. Once you’re back on land, you’ll need to get to your final destination: Bonifacio, Porto-Vecchio, or perhaps Sartene. But fear not: the first two are less than 20 kilometres from the airport. Double that for the third. To get there, you can:
- take the bus: Rossi Transports buses depart regularly from the Porto-Vecchio bus station. The journey takes 30 minutes. From there, you can take a second bus to Bonifacio.
- take a taxi: This will cost at minimum €50.
- hire a car: Four agencies can be found at the airport. This option is practical for sightseeing all around the region.
What to do in
What’s the best thing to do? Why nothing, of course! Elsewhere lazing about is a luxury, but here, for most tourists, it's a philosophy. So set your towel out on the sands of Santa Giulia, La Rondinara, or Palombaggia. Sunbathe under a warm sky and swim in water that's as clear as it is pleasant. Feeling restless? Get out and discover the back country, with its archaeological ruins, old villages, Corsican pines forests and wild mountains.
Nature-themed holidays in FigariSee more See less
Are you taking a long weekend? Why not soak up the sun with friends or with that special someone? With less than an hour's flying time from Nice, it would be a shame to miss out on a getaway to the Island of Beauty! Abandon yourself to the easy life in Porto-Vecchio. Discover beaches that could easily be mistaken as Caribbean. Sip a glass of Cap Corse Muscat wine as you watch the sun set over the cliffs of Bonifacio from the Pertusato lighthouse. Accompany your herb-grilled fish or lobster with a delightfully fruity Vermentinu. Linger on a terrace in the Porto-Vecchio citadel until the early hours of the morning.
Have a few more days to spend? In that case, why not share your adventures with the whole family? Rent a kayak, or even a boat, and discover the hidden coast, Genoese towers, and natural islands. Take to the hills and wander through the cork oak forest of Porto-Vecchio, the largest forest in Corsica. Get on the road and head towards Bavella and its gorgeous scenery. Get a bit more adventurous and try canyoning or via ferrata in the Atla Rocca mountains. Visit Sartène, a charming city built into the hillside of Monte Rosso, where you’ll find the best of Corsican culture and history when you visit Casa di Roccapina, an ancient home that has been converted into a museum.
The top 10 things to do in Southern CorsicaSee more See less
- Wander through the Porto-Vecchio Citadel at the heart of the city, savour your time in the narrow streets, vaulted passageways and stairways before sitting down for a drink on the Place de la Republique.
- Climb up to the rooftop terrace of the Bastion de France, one of five bastions that guard the Citadel, and take in the splendid view of the sea and ancient salt marshes that gave the city its nickname: The City of Salt.
- Escape -by boat, yacht, sailboat, on a jet ski or in a kayak- and discover the Lavezzi islands, a nature reserve claiming the clearest water in Corsica.
- Visit Bonifacio. Sheltered from the Citadel and perched on high cliffs, it’s one of the most beautiful villages on the island. The most beautiful, even!
- Take the stairs! The King of Aragon’s Stairway connects Bonifacio all the way down to the sea. 189 steps take you down to a small path carved into the rock, a metre above the water. It’s worth the effort!
- Visit the Marine Cemetery of Bonifacio, the Campu Santu as the islanders call it, one of the most beautiful cemeteries of the Mediterranean. Time your visit for sunset, when the last rays of sun heat the immaculate walls of the old chapels.
- Go beach hopping. Each day, choose a different place: Palombaggia, La Rondinara, Santa Giulia, or Piantarella, a paradise for amateurs of water sports such as kite surfing, windsurfing, stand up paddle, and so on.
- Climb into the back country to Zonza, a charming village with an incredible view of the Aiguilles de Bavella. You’ll feel like you're in a Western!
- Tip: check out the Viseo Hippodrome in Zonza. Hidden among the pines, it's Europe’s highest at 950 metres altitude. Races take place every other Sunday during summer.
- Cool off at the Polischellu waterfalls in the Bavella mountains, and in the natural pools of the Cavu Valley, north of Solenzara.
Regular flights Nice - Figari FSC
Flights per day :
- Mon 3
- Tue 2
- Wed 2
- Thu 2
- Fri 3
- Sat 4
- Sun 4
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice Figari flight take?
The average flight time from Nice to Figari is 50 minutes.
Which airlines provide Nice Figari direct flights?
Air Corsica, the island’s airline, offers direct flights from Nice to Figari.
How much does a Nice Figari flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice Figari return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 123€
What is the best time of year to visit Southern Corsica?
Everyone knows: Southern Corsica is a summer paradise. And it fills up over July and August. So to avoid the crowds and have a chance at getting a table at the best bars and restaurants, try to go before or after the high season, in May/June and September/October. The advantage of travelling at this time is that the weather is milder, which will allow you to hike in the Atlas Rocca mountains or along coastal trails. What about winter? It’s great for those looking for some peace and quiet. The sea is colder but the sun still shines down on the island. It’s a great occasion to take in the Porto-Vecchio Citadel or the alleyways of Bonifacio or Zonza without getting jostled about.
Ajaccio France.from 123 €
Bordeaux France.from 49 €
Nantes France.from 49 €
London Royaume-Uni.from 39 €
All direct destinations departing from Nice
FILTER BY REGION
Suèdefrom 89 €
Capitale décontractée et cosmopolite, De sa vieille ville charmante à l’île tendance de Södermaln, Stockholm attire les voyageurs du monde entier grâce à sa beauté et sa douceur de vivre.