Discover the Red City
Feeling an urgent need for sun with autumn fading and winter setting in? Hop on a direct flight from Nice to Marrakesh! You’ll get that change of scenery (and weather!) you need without having to cross the globe. A 3-hour flight will land you in this jewel of Morocco, a favourite destination of jet-setters for decades, with 340 days of sun a year! And the weather isn’t the only perk. The scenery, flavours, aromas, novelty, and nights out: a thousand and one pleasures await when your non-stop Nice-Marrakesh flight lands.
- With friends
Useful information for your trip to MarrakeshSee more See less
The formalities for travelling to Marrakesh
- Entry requirements: Morocco does not require visas for European citizens. However, a valid passport is absolutely obligatory for entrance into the country.
- Currency: you’ll be paying for your mint tea on Jamaâ el Fna square in dirhams. A bit more than 10 are equal to 1 Euro. Before take-off, visit the Interchange kiosk in Terminal 2 to ensure you’ll be ready to make your first purchases upon arrival at the Marrakesh airport.
Your Nice-Marrakesh direct flight
T1 or T2: where are you flying out of? The easyJet Nice-Marrakesh leaves from Terminal 2.
Start your Nice-Marrakesh adventure off on the right foot by arriving at the airport at least an hour and a half before take-off. This will allow you to get through security checks and customs stress-free. However, should you need to collect your ticket or check a bag at the easyJet counter, be sure to give yourself an additional 15 minutes.
Departure airport Nice Côte d'Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 2 Arrival airport Marrakesh Menara Airport
Arriving in Marrakesh
The Marrakesh Menara Airport is 9 kilometres from the city centre. To get there, you have several options.
- Take the bus: Line 19 can be found just 100 metres from the terminal exit, with a bus every 30 minutes. A cheap and easy way to get to the Médina in around 20 minutes (at the Arset El Bilk, Jemaa el Fna Square stop) or to Guéliz, the modern area of Marrakesh.
- Take a taxi: the most popular choice! This will get you to your riad or hotel in record time. But be careful to take a taxi near the bus 19 stop, as those offering their services right at the airport exit aren't always trustworthy. It shouldn’t cost more than 70 to 90 dirhams during the day to get to the Médina or Guéliz.
- Hire a car: 3 major agencies have counters in the airport.
What to do in
Established nearly a thousand years ago, the former capital of Saadian empire, Morocco’s ancestor, has been one of the top international tourist destinations for years. Set at the foot of the Atlas mountains, its palaces and riads attract people from all over the world looking for charm, luxury, fun, and a taste of the exotic. But the Red City as its called (in reference to the colour of its walls) is not all luxury and extravagance. With nearly a million inhabitants, it’s a city of the people surrounded by abundant nature and proud of its tradition of craftsmanship and commerce.
Regular flights Nice - Marrakech RAK
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 1
- Wed 0
- Thu 1
- Fri 0
- Sat 0
- Sun 1
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice-Marrakesh flight take?
The average flight time between Nice and Marrakesh is 3 hours 05 minutes.
Which airline provides non-stop Nice-Marrakesh flights?
Only easyjet flies between the French Riviera and Marrakesh
How many Nice-Marrakesh flights are there per week?
EasyJet offers 4 flights during autumn-winter and 3 in spring and summer.
How much does a Nice-Marrakesh flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Marrakesh return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 74€ X.
What is the time difference between Nice and Marrakesh?
There is no time difference.
What is the best time of year to visit Marrakesh?
With 340 days of sun per year, Marrakesh doesn’t really have a low season. It’s great year-round. That said, mornings and evenings in winter can be a bit chilly. But in summer, mornings and evenings are your best friends! Other than the weather, the events calendar can also help you decide when to go. The city plays host to many events, such as the Film Festival (November-December), the Marrakesh Comedy Festival created by Jamel Debbouze (late June, early July), or even the Oasis Festival, one of the thousands of electro music festivals in the world (September).