Take off to Geneva and its lake
Too often people think flights from Nice to Geneva are reserved for diplomats, humanitarians and business travellers, or that you need a meeting, conference or congress to land here. But this is forgetting that the birthplace of Jean-Jacques Rousseau has an incredible heritage, abundant nature, and privileged setting full of snow-covered hills, peaceful lakes, luxury resorts and picturesque villages. So, while one never boards a flight from Nice to Geneva by accident, the only appointment that will be waiting for you upon arrival is the one you made with happiness.
- With friends
Useful information for your trip to GenevaVoir plus Voir moins
Dreaming of standing at the helm of a mahogany runabout and sailing over the smooth water of the “small sea of the Alps”? What are you waiting for? Seize the moment! Climb aboard a Nice Geneva easyJet or Swiss flight and hoist anchor. It’s even faster and easier because MisterFly, our partner, lets you compare times and prices for all Nice Geneva direct flights and book your Nice Geneva ticket at the guaranteed best price, whichever airline you're flying with.
The formalities for travelling to Geneva
- Entry requirements: Switzerland may jealously guard its neutrality, but that doesn’t make it any less welcoming. Its membership in the Schengen Territories proves it, and makes travelling there easier. If you're a European citizen, you just need a valid passport or national identity card to enter.
- Currency: you’ll be paying in francs. Swiss francs, to be exact! It has just about the same value as the Euro, give or take a few cents.
Your Nice Geneva direct flight
At Nice Airport, flights to Geneva leave from both terminals. It depends which airline you’re flying with. With easyJet, Nice Geneva departs from Terminal 2. With Swiss, Nice-Geneva takes off from Terminal 1.
Remember that it takes time to go through security screenings and boarding procedures. Don’t arrive at the airport last minute! Arrive an hour before departure - or an hour and a quarter should you need to go to your airline’s counter.
Departure airport Nice Côte d'Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 1 for Swiss, Terminal 2 for easyJet Arrival airport Geneva-Cointrin Airport Arrival terminal Terminal 1 for Swiss, Terminal 2 for easyJet
Arriving in Geneva
Swiss and easyJet both land at Geneva-Cointrin Airport. It’s very close to Geneva - just 4 kilometres away. To get there, you can:
- Take the bus: Lines 5 and 10 will take you to the centre in around 20 minutes. Tickets are free for 80 minutes if you take one from the distributor provided in the baggage claim area.
- Take the train: the station is directly accessible from the Arrival terminal. It’s practical, especially since connections are quick (just 7 minutes to Geneva centre) and frequent: up to 7 trains an hour. Plus, as with the bus, you can get a free ticket in the baggage claim area.
- Take a taxi: This will cost around €30, or even €40 depending on the time and where you’re going.
- Take a shared car: ideal if you don’t need a car during your trip. Two services are available: Mobility and Catch a car. Check them out online.
- Hire a car: with 8 different agencies on-site you’re spoilt for choice.
What to do in
Because it plays host to around 20 international organisations such as the UN, WTO, and the Red Cross, as well as over 200 different NGOs, Geneva is one of Europe’s most cosmopolitan cities. 190 nationalities coexist there! This gateway to the world contributes to the vitality of this French-Speaking Swiss city which, over time, has created an ‘art de vivre’ all its own. Geneva also has a unique blend of simplicity and sophistication, of the historical and the avant-garde, of the serene and the festive. A world that’s rich and seductive, far from the cliché of “watches and chocolate” too often used to describe this pearl of the Alps.
Regular flights Nice - Geneva GVA
Flights per day :
- Mon 1
- Tue 1
- Wed 1
- Thu 1
- Fri 1
- Sat 1
- Sun 1
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 0
- Wed 0
- Thu 0
- Fri 1
- Sat 0
- Sun 1
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice Geneva flight take?
The average flight time between Nice and Geneva is 50 minutes.
Which airlines provide direct Nice Geneva flights?
Two airlines fly from Nice to Geneva: easyJet and Swiss.
How many Nice Geneva flights are there per week?
Traffic is intense between Nice and Geneva, with 22 flights per week in winter and 33 when the weather warms up.
How much does a Nice Geneva flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice Geneva return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 55€
What is the time difference between Nice and Geneva?
There is no time difference.
What is the best time of year to visit Geneva?
Geneva is lively year-round because, with the exception of November, the greyest month of the year, the city enjoys a mild climate. March is often the chosen month for lovers of everything mechanic. This is the time when, each year, the famous Geneva International Motor Show takes place - among the best of its kind. It’s the ultimate opportunity to get up close and personal with today's hottest cars. But if a more traditional holiday is what you had in mind, head there from May to October, when the weather is nicest and nature at its best. Strolls by the lake, walks through the old city, and nights on the town all have a unique feel: that of the easy life.