From sea to ocean by air
Nice and Biarritz: two of France’s top seaside destinations. Both offer an appealing climate, sea, mountains and Belle Epoque palaces… but there are also so many differences! One is a big, buzzing city, while the other offers a much quieter atmosphere. One is bathed by the smooth waters of the Mediterranean, the other by the Atlantic waves. One has Italian roots, the other a Basque heritage. This is why, without even needing to leave France, your Nice-Biarritz direct flight will give you all the ingredients for the perfect, exotic holiday filled with discovery.
Useful information for your trip to BiarritzSee more See less
Need a change of scene? Head for the Basque coast on a Nice-Biarritz non-stop flight. Airlines, dates, timetables, prices, flight durations: Misterfly has all the information you need to prepare for your trip. With our partner, you can even book your Nice-Biarritz plane ticket in a few clicks, for no more than you would pay on the website of your chosen airline. You will even get an exclusive option: to pay for your Nice-Biarritz return flight in several instalments.
Your Nice-Biarritz direct flight
Whether you choose to book your Nice-Biarritz flight with easyJet or Hop!, your journey to the French Basque Country will leave from Terminal 2.
Don’t arrive at the airport at the last minute. Leave time get through security without rushing. If your Nice-Biarritz flight booking is to travel with cabin baggage only and you already have your boarding pass, aim to arrive at the airport an hour before your flight departs. Need to put luggage in the hold by going to your airline’s check-in desk? Allow an extra quarter of an hour!
Departure airport Nice Côte d'Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 2 Arrival airport Biarritz Pays Basque Airport
Arriving at Biarritz Airport
Like Nice Côte d’Azur Airport, Biarritz Pays Basque Airport is not far from the town. That makes it very easy to get to the centre. How?
- By bus: Chronoplus line C takes you quickly to the centre of Biarritz. Remember that the Chronoplus n°14 will take you to the centre of Bayonne.
- By taxi: these can be found on the way out of the airport arrivals area, near to the baggage conveyor.
- By car: hire a car from one of the seven specialists at the airport.
What to do in
“I know of no other place more charming and magnificent than Biarritz.” These are the words of the famous French author, Victor Hugo. The town couldn’t ask for a better ambassador. However, the writer of Les Misérables is just one of many celebrities to have fallen in love with this Basque gem. So what makes it so attractive to all these great people, royals, fashion designers, artists and champions? The secret ingredients are a pleasant lifestyle, natural charm, great food and pinch of luxury, all garnished by the cooling ocean waves and the surfers who ride them.
Nature and moreSee more See less
With the Atlantic on one side and the Pyrenees on the other, Biarritz and its neighbours (Anglet, Bayonne, Saint-Jean-de-Luz, etc.) boast an exceptional environment. The scenery is magnificent, the sky is bright, the region is full of character, and the ocean is both an excellent playground and a source of well-being.
But who should you enjoy all this with? With your kids? Without them? It all depends on what you’re looking for. Fancy some relaxing seawater therapy followed by evening in a wine bar pairing wines from Irouléguy with Ossau-Iraty cheese, rounded off with a thrilling night partying, in the casino, or dancing in a night club? Then come as a couple.
Want to share some simple pleasures with your children? Rest assured: Biarritz and the surrounding region have plenty to offer for the whole family. Spend your day on the beach, swimming in the waves or even surfing on them. Head into the mountains and cross the rope bridges or ride the rapids. Visit a museum to discover marine fauna and flora, or the origins of the ultimate treat: chocolate.
The top 10 things to do in BiarritzSee more See less
- Walk along the coast and discover its exceptional sites: the jagged cliffs of the Plateau de l’Atalaye, the Eiffel footbridge out to the Rocher de la Vierge, and the charming quays of the fishing port.
- Revive the memory of the woman who was Empress of the French and Queen of Biarritz: Eugénie. Have a drink, a tea or a coffee on the panoramic terrace of the Hôtel du Palais, which was formerly the imperial residence.
- Explore beyond Biarritz to discover its lovely neighbours: Bayonne and its Cathedral of Saint Mary, which is on the UNESCO World Heritage list, Anglet with its beautiful Pignada Forest, or Saint-Jean de Luz and its coastal path.
- Climb up high to the top of Biarritz lighthouse, which watches over the Atlantic from 73 meters above sea level. There are 248 steps to climb, but the view from the top is breathtaking.
- Spread your towel on the sand of the Grande Plage, the Côte des Basques, Marbella Beach (surfers’ paradise), Milady Beach, or the quiet Port Vieux Beach, which is good for families.
- Give your body and mind a little TLC with some marine therapy in one of Biarritz’s thalassotherapy centres.
- Dive into the depths of the ocean without even getting wet at Biarritz Aquarium, to come face to face with seahorses, clownfish, octopuses, hammerhead sharks, rays, turtles and seals.
- Cross the border to Bilbao, to visit the famous Guggenheim Museum. Its architecture by Franck Gehry and its contemporary art collection make it a must-see.
- Treat your taste buds to the best of Basque produce, from market stalls, Bayonne charcuterie shops, and the small producers of the village of Espelette, where the famous AOC Espelette pepper is cultivated.
- Melt with pleasure in the Basque chocolate workshops. It was thanks to Biarritz and Bayonne that the French first developed a taste for chocolate, in the 16th century. Today, there are still many artisans skilfully upholding this tradition.
Regular flights Nice - Biarritz BIQ
Flights per day :
- Mon 1
- Tue 1
- Wed 1
- Thu 1
- Fri 1
- Sat 1
- Sun 1
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 0
- Wed 1
- Thu 1
- Fri 1
- Sat 1
- Sun 0
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice-Biarritz flight take?
The average flight time from Nice to Biarritz is 1h35.
Which airlines offer Nice-Biarritz direct flights?
easyJet & Air France fly non-stop from Nice to Biarritz.
How much does a Nice-Biarritz flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Biarritz return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 64€ .
What is the best time of year to visit Biarritz?
The French Basque Country is known for its pleasant climate. Winter often feels like spring. However, it is best to avoid autumn, which is a real rainy season. The best time to visit is from June to September. Temperatures climb, but remain bearable. A tip for surfers: the sea is calm in summer. The same cannot be said of the nights, with their many events: open-air concerts during the Plages Musicales d’Anglet, Biarritz Festival in summer, and of course the Fêtes de Bayonne, the famous feria that attracts an amazing 1.5 million visitors over five days. A record in France!
Ajaccio France.from 116 €
Palma de Ma... Espagne.from 77 €
Helsinki Finlande.from 149 €
La Canée Grèce.from 219 €
All direct destinations departing from Nice
FILTER BY REGION
Suèdefrom 89 €
Capitale décontractée et cosmopolite, De sa vieille ville charmante à l’île tendance de Södermaln, Stockholm attire les voyageurs du monde entier grâce à sa beauté et sa douceur de vivre.