Take off for Crete
Fancy a cheap Nice-Heraklion flight? Then hurry! Don’t wait another second and let it disappear. Book it with MisterFly, our partner that specialises in online flight bookings. In just a few clicks, you can book your Nice-Heraklion return flight at the best price and, more importantly, without any hidden fees. This purchase is not budgeted for today. Don’t risk losing a good fare or the last free space. Book your Nice-Heraklion flight now and spread the payment over several months.
- With friends
Useful informationSee more See less
Formalities for travelling to Heraklion
- Entry requirements: Crete is in Greece and Greece is in Europe. When you arrive in Heraklion, you will only be asked for your identity card or a valid passport.
- Currency: the drachma is no longer in use and the Cretans have long since been paying for their ouzo in euros, the same way the people of Nice have been paying for their pastis!
Your Nice-Heraklion direct flight
Air France will meet you for your Nice-Heraklion direct flight at Terminal 2 at Nice-Cote d’Azur Airport. This is where the French airline is based and it’s also the only airline that flies to the Cretan capital.
On the day of your departure, don't stress unnecessarily. Arrive at the airport well in advance to go through all the required steps calmly before boarding. How early? It depends whether you already have your ticket or not and whether your baggage needs to go in the hold or in the cabin. If you’re travelling lightly, is your ticket in your pocket or on your smartphone? Arrive an hour before take-off, to ensure you have some extra time if there are large crowds at security control. Do you need to go to your airline’s check-in desk? It’s best to add on a good quarter of an hour for this.
Departure airport Nice Côte d’Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 2 Arrival airport Heraklion International Nikos Kazantzakis Airport Arrival terminal Terminal 1
Arriving in Heraklion
Your Nice-Heraklion flight with Air France will land right outside the only terminal of Nikos Kazantzakis Airport, in Nea Alikarnassos, which is just four kilometres from the Cretan capital. It doesn’t take very long to get to the city centre at all. To get there, you can choose from the following options:
- Take the bus: with a ticket bought for just a few cents, this is the most economical mode of transport. But it’s not the fastest. It takes at least 35 minutes to get to the city centre. However, it’s convenient as it runs at all hours.
- Take a taxi: they charge a flat rate which is still competitive, the journey only takes ten minutes and you’ll be dropped off right outside of your hotel. This option has its advantages.
- Hire a car: choose from the nine rental car parks at the airport.
What to do in
Heraklion is one of those places that is steeped in history. It was glorious in the days of King Minos. But the fortifications in this beautiful city have also witnessed darker times. Greeks, Romans, Byzantines, Ottomans and Venetians actually argued about it throughout the centuries. Each of its conquerors has left its mark, leaving it with a flamboyant culture and an amazing heritage. Both contribute to the pleasant lifestyle in this corner of the Mediterranean. But they’re not the only qualities of this destination. It also attracts visitors because of its relaxing atmosphere, love of food and exoticism.
Regular flights Nice - Héraklion HER
Flights per day :
- Mon 1
- Tue 0
- Wed 0
- Thu 0
- Fri 1
- Sat 1
- Sun 0