Fly to Frankfurt and the Main River
Nice Frankfurt. It resembles the first leg of a journey elsewhere, as Frankfurt am Main plays host to a particularly lively hub. But it can also be the starting point of a unique holiday, one that will allow you to discover a little-known city that’s at once charming, entertaining and seductive. So hop on a direct Nice Frankfurt flight and let yourself be carried away by the energy of this place nicknamed “Main Hatten”, which will surprise you as much with its small streets and taverns as with its glass towers and electro night clubs.
Useful information for your trip to FrankfurtSee more See less
Quickly find your direct Nice Frankfurt flight by heading to MisterFly. Our partner will give you all the information you need to plan your trip -dates, times, and prices - meaning you can plan your trip easily and book your Nice Frankfurt flight at the best price, guaranteed!
The formalities for travelling to Frankfurt
- Entry requirements: Frankfurt is part of the Schengen Territories. This makes travelling there incredibly simple. All you need is your passport or ID card. Whichever you use, make sure it’s still valid!
- Currency: Germany adopted the Euro at the same time as France.
Your Nice Frankfurt direct flight
There’s just one airline that flies to Frankfurt. Lufthansa awaits you in Terminal 1 for your Nice Frankfurt flight.
Start your voyage without stress by arriving at the airport at least 1 hour before departure. This will give you time to go through security screenings and even spend some time in the shops, bars, and restaurants of Terminal 1 if you like. Should you need to collect your ticket or check bags at the Lufthansa counter, give yourself an additional 15 minutes.
Departure airport Nice Côte d’Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 1 Arrival airport Frankfurt am Main Airport Arrival terminal Terminal 1
Arriving in Frankfurt
For a Nice Frankfurt flight, the arrival terminal is Terminal 1 at Frankfurt Airport. Despite its size and heavy traffic, the airport is just 12 kilometres from the centre of the city. To get to there, you have the following options:
- Take the train: the airport has its own train station, located underneath Terminal 1. It connects to the central station several times per hour, from 4 am to midnight. Take S-Bahn lines S8 and S9, or lines 59 and 75 of the Regional Express. The trip takes less than 15 minutes.
- Take a taxi: This will cost around €30 and take about 30 minutes to get to wherever you’re staying.
- Hire a car: there are several agencies located in Arrivals Hall A of Terminal 1 at Frankfurt Airport.
What to do in
Like many German cities, Frankfurt suffered serious damage during WWII. It was able to get back on its feet, becoming the financial centre of the FRG, then of reunified Germany, building several skyscrapers to house the jewels of the national economy. This prosperity allowed Frankfurt to undertake major renovation work to recover some of its pre-war charm. Old quarters and some of the most beautiful streets were thus resurrected so that visitors could experience its charming and lasting beauty - beauty that inspired Germany’s greatest writer, Johann Wolfgang Goethe, and is sure to do the same for you.
Frankfurt, a city of art and art de vivreSee more See less
A weekend in Frankfurt might sound strange at first when you start talking to your children about it, but once you’re there, it’s truly delightful. Between selfies at the top of a skyscraper, encounters with dinosaurs, a tête-à-tête with tigers and a round of mini-golf, this city has everything you need for successful family holiday.
But a romantic getaway or trip with friends will allow you to get an even better taste of Frankfurt hospitality. Because this German city has a speciality that can’t be shared with small children: the night! While it's hard at work during the day, Frankfurt lets down its hair as night falls. The fun usually starts with a drink. Frankfurt has many wine bars that combine the chic with the vintage, in both ambiance and wine. Or perhaps you prefer their traditional taverns where you can order beer or a glass of their classic apfelwein (a cider regionally referred to as ebbelwoi).
After this starter, continue your evening out in a trendy or upscale restaurant (depending on your mood!) before finishing the night in a music-filled cocktail bar. Frankfurt is the place to be for music lovers: from bel canto to electro, jazz to techno (popularised here by DJs in the 80s), it’s become a legendary part of European club culture.
The top 10 things to do in FrankfurtSee more See less
- Go back in time - centuries even! - by strolling through Römerberg, Frankfurt’s historic district. Cobblestone streets, a Gothic church, timber-framed houses: here, it’s the Middle Ages.
- Get above it all by heading up to the top of the Main Tower, at 200 metres up, and to the rooftop of the Zeilgalerie, a shopping centre opposite the business district and its skyscrapers.
- Then keep going up. This time to the top of the bell tower of the Imperial Cathedral of Saint Bartholomew. 324 steps take you up 95 metres for an incredible view.
- Walk down the Museumsufer, the Boulevard of Museums. The right bank of the Main is home to the main city museums, including the Städel with its 3,100 paintings by Vermeer, Rembrandt, Monet, Goya, Picasso and more.
- Continue your culture tour with the MMK, Museum für Modern Kunst. This modern art museum has pieces by Warhol, Lichtenstein and Beuys, a prominent German contemporary artist.
- Celebrate the memory of Frankfurt’s most famous citizen: Goethe. Fully restored after the war, his house is one of the must-sees of any trip to the city.
- Go to Jurassic Park - or more precisely to the Naturmuseum Senckenberg, Frankfurt’s natural history museum. It houses the most impressive collection of large dinosaur fossils in Europe. Here you’ll see triceratops, diplodocus, parasaurolophus, and many more.
- Feed your need for nature at the Palmengarten, a botanical garden with 6,000 different species, and the Frankfurt Zoo which has more than 500.
- Pick your poison: currywurst, bratwusrt or weißwurst? Each is a delicious Frankfurt speciality sausage. The first is made with curry, the second is roasted, and the third is with parsley and lemon.
- Experience Frankfurt by night with a glass of apfelwein in the charming Sachsenhausen district and a night of jazz at Jazzkeller, the most famous club in the city which has played host to Louis Armstrong, Dizzy Gillespie and Chet Baker, just to name a few.
Regular flights Nice - Frankfurt FRA
Flights per day :
- Mon 1
- Tue 0
- Wed 0
- Thu 0
- Fri 1
- Sat 1
- Sun 1
Flights per day :
- Mon 4
- Tue 4
- Wed 4
- Thu 4
- Fri 4
- Sat 4
- Sun 4
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice Frankfurt flight take?
A Nice Frankfurt flight will take you to Germany in just 1 hour 25 minutes.
Which airlines provide Nice Frankfurt direct flights?
Lufthansa and Condor offer direct flights to Frankfurt.
How much does a Nice Frankfurt flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Frankfurt return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 140€
What is the time difference between Nice and Frankfurt?
There is no time difference.
What is the best time of year to visit Frankfurt?
A stroll along the banks of the Main or a panoramic view from the top of Main Tower is all the more impressive under a clear blue sky. But rest assured: if the weather lets you down, Frankfurt will bring colour back into your life with the masterpieces of its museums, sun to your palate as you sip a glass of cider, and light to your eyes as you dance the night away at Robert Johnson, one of the best techno night clubs in the world. But Frankfurt doesn’t wait for summer to start showing off. With Carnaval in February, Night of the Museums in May, the Rose and Light Festival with its incredible fireworks display in June, and the Buchmesse Book Fair in October and Christmas Market in December, there’s plenty to keep you amused all year round!
Leeds Bradf... Royaume-Uni.from 134 €
Constantine Algérie.from 137 €
Bristol Royaume-Uni.from 69 €
Sofia Bulgarie.from 108 €
All direct destinations departing from Nice
FILTER BY REGION
Suèdefrom 89 €
Capitale décontractée et cosmopolite, De sa vieille ville charmante à l’île tendance de Södermaln, Stockholm attire les voyageurs du monde entier grâce à sa beauté et sa douceur de vivre.