A stone's throw from the North Pole
Today, Nice-Trondheim is the non-stop flight from the French Riviera that gets you closest to the Great North. Which doesn’t mean you’ll get to stroll over sea ice, climb an iceberg, or see polar bears. No, Norway’s third largest city has been in the centre of the country for a thousand years, and is more than civilised. Here you’ll find a tramway, fashion boutiques, incredible espresso... But this Viking beauty has something else that none of its rivals in the south can offer: wide open spaces! So flying from Nice to Trondheim may not be conquering the North Pole, but it is the start of a beautiful adventure: one in Nature with a capital N!
Norwegian krone (NKR)
- With friends
Useful information for your trip to TrondheimVoir plus Voir moins
Can you hear it? What? The call of the wild! Answer it! Get out your backpack and hiking boots because you're heading for the land of fjords where you’ll find eternal snow, glaciers, and nature reserves full of beavers and reindeer. Wait wait wait, not so fast! First you’ll need to take a quick detour to MisterFly. Our partner will help you find a direct flight at a great price from Nice to Trondheim. Compare offers, choose your departure date, book your Nice-Trondheim return ticket with no additional fees and if you wish, pay for it over several instalments. Done? Right, now you're ready...
The formalities for travelling to Trondheim
- Entry requirements: Norway said no to the EU, but yes to the Schengen Territories. So European citizens will only need a valid passport or ID card to enter the country.
- Currency: In Trondheim, you’ll pay for your reindeer steak in Norwegian Crowns. Around 10 are equal to 1 Euro. Should you need a bit of cash to pay for your first purchases, head to InterChange. This currency exchange specialist can be found in both terminals at Nice Côte d’Azur Airport.
Your Nice-Trondheim direct flight
Head to Terminal 1 for your Nice-Trondheim flight with Norwegian, the only airline to fly to the centre of Norway non-stop.
To get through security screenings stress-free and, why not, take advantage of the great offers you’ll find at the Boutiques of Nice Côte d’Azur Airport, be sure to arrive at the terminal at least 1 hour before take-off. Please note: should you need to collect your ticket or check a bag at the airline counter, give yourself at least an additional 15 minutes.
Departure airport Nice Côte d’Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 1 Arrival airport Trondheim Værnes Airport Arrival terminal Terminal B
Arriving in Trondheim
The Trondheim Værnes Airport is located 35 kilometres from the city centre. To get there, you have several options:
- Take the bus: Lines 38 and 310 can be found a few steps from the terminal exit, and will take you to the city centre in 30 to 50 minutes. As is usually the case, this is the most affordable option. The airport also offers a shuttle service operated by Flybussen, with departures every 10 minutes, which will take you near the city’s main hotels.
- Take the train: the airport has its own train station which is accessible via walkway as you exit the Arrivals Terminals. There’s a train every hour to the Trondheim train station. The trip takes 35 minutes.
- Take a taxi: you’ll find many drivers waiting for you at the airport exit. Given the distance, the price is high: around €60 during the day.
- Hire a car: six agencies have counters at the exit of the Terminal B Arrivals Hall.
What to do in
Nestled in the fjord that bears its name, bathed by the Nidevla, Trondheim is a calm but vibrant city. It’s made even livelier - day and night - by the 30,000 students that reside there. Good humour and infectious energy! Locals here are much more welcoming than their climate and practise a way of life based in simplicity, relaxation, and indulgence. You won’t go hungry or thirsty here! In short, this ancient capital of the Vikings is the jump off point to discover the natural wonders of the realm of Norway.
Regular flights Nice - Trondheim TRD
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 0
- Wed 0
- Thu 1
- Fri 0
- Sat 1
- Sun 0
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice-Trondheim flight take?
The average flight time from Nice to Trondheim is 3 hours 15 minutes.
Which airlines provide Nice-Trondheim direct flights?
Only Norwegian flies non-stop to Trondheim.
How many Nice-Trondheim flights are there per week?
From mid-June to mid-August, Norwegian takes off twice a week to the centre of Norway. Flights on Thursdays and Saturdays.
How much does a Nice-Trondheim flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Trondheim return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 125€
What is the time difference between Nice and Trondheim?
There is no time difference. The two cities are in the same time zone.
What is the best time of year to visit Trondheim?
Like most cities in the north of Norway, Trondheim has spectacular displays of the Northern Lights from October to March. But alas, this show is accompanied by Norway's winter temperatures! The sky is perhaps less interesting in summer, but the weather is much more agreeable and the city, like the natural environment around it, is much more welcoming.