Düsseldorf, en route for the Kö
The Nice-Düsseldorf flight is often full of business travellers, as the capital of the North Rhine-Westphalia plays host to many multinationals and more than 30 trade fairs and consumer exhibitions. But well-informed tourists can often be found among them, because they know that one of Germany’s most beautiful cities - nicknamed Little Paris and listed as one of Europe’s nicest - awaits them when their Nice-Düsseldorf direct flight lands.
- With friends
Useful information for your trip to DüsseldorfSee more See less
Why not getaway to Düsseldorf and wander the shops of Kö, the Königsallee, the most beautiful avenue in the city? Yes, but... Before you commit you need quick responses to a few questions. Which airlines provide Nice-Düsseldorf flights? Is there a low cost flight from Nice to Düsseldorf? How much? When? No doubt about it: you need the help of MisterFly, our partner. Not only can you compare prices and schedules for all flights to this city on the Rhine, you can also book your Nice-Düsseldorf flight with no hidden fees and pay for it over several monthly instalments.
The formalities for travelling to Düsseldorf
- Entry requirements: as with any trip to Germany, member country of the Schengen Territories, remember to bring your valid passport or identity card.
- Currency: in Düsseldorf you be paying off your tab in Euro.
Your Nice-Düsseldorf direct flight
Only Eurowings flies between Nice and Düsseldorf. As such you’ll need to go to Terminal 1 of the Nice Côte d'Azur Airport, home to this German airline.
It would be a shame to miss your plane by being a few minutes late! So plan ahead. Arrive at the airport at least 1 hour before departure. This will allow you to pass through security controls stress-free and even enjoy some shopping at airport boutiques. Need to go to the Eurowings counter to check a bag or collect your ticket? Plan for that too! Give yourself an additional 15 minutes to be sure to have enough time.
Departure airport Nice Côte d'Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 1 Arrival airport Düsseldorf International Airport
Arriving in Düsseldorf
There are many ways to cover the 9 kilometres between the Düsseldorf International Airport and Düsseldorf city-centre:
- Take the bus: the airport has two bus stations, one of which is opposite the Arrivals Terminal. Several lines have regular routes to Düsseldorf and stop at key places in the city. Line 721 will take you directly to the central station.
- Take the tube (S-Bahn): the underground station is underneath airport Terminal C. S-Bahn line 11 has a train every 20 minutes during the day that will take you into Düsseldorf. It runs every 30 minutes in the evenings and on Saturdays, Sundays, and bank holidays. In just 12 minutes you’ll arrive at Düsseldorf Hauptbahnhof station in the heart of the city.
- Take a taxi: This will get you to the city centre in about 20 minutes for between €20 and €30 depending on your destination and the time and day.
- Hire a car: You can hire a care from any of the 6 agencies that have counters in the Arrivals Terminal.
What to do in
A multi-cultural society, a dynamic economy, audacious architecture, excellent public transport, a lively student population, and a charming old city: Düsseldorf is pretty cool. And a delight for those who stay a few days! At once relaxed, cultivated, indulgent, and festive: the hometown of Wim Wenders and Claudia Schiffer has many talents. And they're all the better for being hidden! You’ll enjoy them even more.
Regular flights Nice - Dusseldorf DUS
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 0
- Wed 1
- Thu 0
- Fri 1
- Sat 0
- Sun 1
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice-Düsseldorf flight take?
With a Nice-Düsseldorf flight, the Rhine is just 1 hour 35 minutes from the French Riviera.
Which airlines provide Nice-Düsseldorf direct flights?
Nice and Düsseldorf are connected by Eurowings.
How many Nice-Düsseldorf flights are there per week?
7 flights take off from Nice (one daily) in summer and 5 in winter.
How much does a Nice-Düsseldorf flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Düsseldorf return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 87€ .
What is the time difference between Nice and Düsseldorf?
There is no time difference. The two cities are in the same time zone.
What is the best time of year to visit Düsseldorf?
Germany isn’t known for its mild winters. And Düsseldorf is no exception. But there is warmth to be found during this season, wandering the Christmas markets or participating in Carnival - the 2nd largest in Germany. Enough to make you forget the 3 or 4°C you see on the thermometer. Head over in spring and summer though if you want to see the city without bundling up. Days are long and mild, with average temperatures of up to 25°C. You’ll discover a Düsseldorf that’s friendly, where you can relax on the banks of the Rhine, on a riverboat, or around a table in a biergarten, the open-air breweries Germany is so famous for.