Belfast, on the way to Ulster
Your Nice Belfast direct flight lets you discover another side of Ireland: Northern Ireland, the part of the island which remained part of the United Kingdom in 1921. It was a choice that lead to turmoil in the region for years. But that time has passed! Today, as you’ll see upon arrival of your Nice Belfast flight, life here is peaceful and the locals friendly and full of good humour. All the better, since the Titanic’s hometown welcomes more visitors every year, regaling them with its history, heritage, and light-hearted approach to life.
Useful information for your trip to BelfastSee more See less
Have Belfast and Ulster (the northern area of Éire) piqued your interest, whetted your appetite for a holiday? Then head to our partner MisterFly to find a Nice Belfast flight with a low-cost carrier and satisfy your hunger for discovery. Check their database for all dates, times, and prices for upcoming direct flights from Nice to Belfast and book your seat without surcharges and at the best price!
The formalities for travelling to Belfast
- Entry requirements: upon arrival in Belfast, you’ll be landing on the island of Ireland but entering Great Britain which, as a reminder, is not a member of the Schengen Territories. As a result, you’ll be required to present a valid passport when you arrive at customs.
- Currency: you will of course be leaving pounds sterling on the bar as you leave your chosen Irish pub. Up to you whether you use bills printed in Northern Ireland or England. The images change but the value’s the same! Need to exchange money? Head to an Interchange counter, which you’ll find in Terminal 2 of Nice Côte d’Azur Airport.
Your Nice-Belfast direct flight
The Nice Belfast flight with easyJet - the only airline that operates regular flights from the French Riviera to Northern Ireland - takes off from Terminal 2.
Passengers on the easyJet Nice Belfast flight board in the “non-Schengen” area of the terminal. As such, you should arrive at the airport 1 hour 30 minutes before departure to give yourself enough time to go through security screenings and customs. Add an additional 15 minutes should you need to go to the airline counter to check a bag or collect your ticket.
Departure airport Nice Côte d'Azur Airport Departure terminal Terminal 2 Arrival airport Belfast Airport
Arriving in Belfast
At 25 kilometres from Belfast, the airport offers several options for getting to the city centre:
- Take the bus: the Airport Express 300 leaves every 20 minutes during the week, and every 30 minutes at the weekend. It will drop you in the city centre in around 35 minutes. Tip for easyJet travellers: you can buy your bus ticket during your flight.
- Take a taxi: stands can be found as you exit the terminal. The trip to city centre will take around 30 minutes and cost around €30 at minimum.
- Hire a car: if driving on the left doesn't worry you, then head for one of the 5 agencies you’ll find at the airport for a car that suits your needs and your budget. This will allow you to meander your way up the Ulster coast all the way to Giants Causeway.
What to do in
It was in Belfast that the world's most famous ship was constructed: The Titanic. And the Unsinkable Ship is still today at the heart of any trip to Belfast. But the capital of Northern Ireland has much more to offer than the tragic story of this giant of the sea. Universally celebrated for its beauty, you’ll find yourself equally enticed by the high standard of living (some of the best shopping, dining, and transportation!) and lively night life. And the night isn’t the only thing that's lively! The locals here may be British, but that doesn’t make them any less Irish.
The Queen's university of Belfast
Regular flights Nice - Belfast BFS
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 1
- Wed 0
- Thu 1
- Fri 0
- Sat 1
- Sun 0
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice Belfast flight take?
With a Nice Belfast flight, Northern Ireland is 2 hours 30 minutes from the French Riviera.
Which airlines provide Nice Belfast direct flights?
You’ll be flying aboard an easyJet Airbus on your flight from Nice to Belfast.
How many Nice Belfast flights are there per week?
3 flights per week connect Nice and Belfast in spring and summer.
How much does a Nice Belfast flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Belfast return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 223€ €.
What is the time difference between Nice and Belfast?
Belfast is one hour behind France.
What is the best time of year to visit Belfast?
Belfast is wonderful to visit in any season. It’s never too cold in winter or too hot in summer, with average temperatures never exceeding 20°C. Belfast has much to offer year-round, with its unique events and festivals. Lover of the theatre? The Ulster Bank International Arts Festival in September and October is just the ticket. Looking for something more indulgent? Feast upon the Big Belfast Brunch during Belfast Restaurant Week in February - your taste buds will thank you!