A ticket to Moscow!
With more and more people coming from Moscow to visit the Côte d’Azur, it’s time to return the compliment by booking a Nice-Moscow direct flight to discover their city. Moscow is more than just a city: it is legendary! It is one of the largest capitals in the world, and throughout history, it has inspired fear and envy. In fact, just boarding a plane from Nice to Moscow is like getting into a time machine. So take a trip back through history, tremble, dream and feel the buzz of a city that’s hard to conquer but easy to love.
Useful information for your trip to MoscouVoir plus Voir moins
The “red telephone” brought direct communication between the US and Russian leaders. Today, direct flights connect Nice to Moscow. With Misterfly, all it takes is a few clicks. Our partner will help you plan your Nice-Moscow non-stop flight and benefit from the best conditions. It offers an easy, transparent way to compare dates, times, and prices for your Nice-Moscow plane ticket. Book with no additional fees, and spread the cost over several months if you wish.
The formalities for travelling to Moscow
- Entry requirements: to enter Moscow, many European citizens need to apply for a visa and meet the necessary conditions to get one. You can apply yourself or do it via a specialist agency. Once you arrive, you will be asked to present your passport, complete an immigration form and register your visa with the local authorities if you are staying in the country for more than three days. Once again, you can get assistance from your hotel or an approved service provider.
- Currencies: you will pay for your Matryoshka dolls and ushanka hats in rubles. There are around 75 rubles to one euro, excluding any exchange fees. You can exchange some currency before you leave by visiting Interchange at Nice Côte d’Azur Airport.
Your Nice-Moscow direct flight
Make sure your journey to Moscow gets off to a good start by going to the correct terminal! All Aeroflot flights from Nice leave from Terminal 2. Flights with S7 Airlines and Ural Airlines take off from Terminal 1.
Don’t be late! The security checks take time. Make sure you arrive are the airport at least an hour before your departure time if you have your boarding pass and you are travelling with cabin baggage only. Need to get your boarding pass or put bags in the hold? Leave at least an extra quarter of an hour, to get your journey from Nice to Moscow off to a smooth, stress-free start.
Departure airport Nice Côte d'Azur Airport Departure terminal
Terminal 1 for S7 Airlines and Ural Airlines,
Terminal 2 for Aeroflot
Arrival airports Moscow Domodedovo Airport with S7 Airlines
Zhukovsky International Airport with Ural Airlines
Sheremetyevo International Airport with Aeroflot
Arriving in Moscow
Since Moscow has four airports, not all flights from Nice land in the same place. In fact, it all depends on which airline you fly with.
Travelling with Aeroflot? You will land at Sheremetyevo International Airport. This airport is around 30 kilometres from the city centre, which can be reached easily by:
- train: direct from the airport, the Aeroexpress takes 35 minutes to get to the heart of the city, arriving near a metro station;
- taxi: make sure you use one of the two official companies (Yandex Taxi or Svo-Taxi) by booking your journey at the taxi desk in your terminal. The journey time ranges from 45 minutes to double that at rush hour.
Travelling with S7 Airlines? You will land at Moscow Domodedovo Airport, 45 kilometres from Red Square. To get to the city, you have the following options:
- train: direct from the airport, the Aeroexpress takes 45 minutes to get to the heart of the city, arriving near a metro station;
- a taxi: make sure you use the official company (Gett Taxi) by booking your journey at the taxi desk in your terminal. Allow at least 1h30 for the trip.
Travelling with Ural Airlines? You will land at Zhukovsky International Airport, the city’s newest airport. It is located around 40 kilometres from the centre of Moscow. To get to the centre, take:
- the bus and the metro: bus 441 takes you to Kotelniki metro station. From here, you can travel to the city centre. The total journey time is around two hours;
- the train: first take a shuttle bus to Otdyh station, then get the Sputnik express train to Kazansky station in the north-east of the city, where you can get the metro;
- a taxi: not the cheapest option, but undoubtedly the fastest and most comfortable.
What to do in
The Cold War is just a distant memory, but there’s no denying that the capital of Russia still has a unique aura that sets it apart from all other major European cities. This immense city fascinates us because of its history and the place it occupies (rightly or wrongly) in our imaginations today. But behind the myth, the attentive visitor will discover a different truth: that of modern-day Moscow, where everyday life, from its simplest customs and pleasures to its occasional harshness, never ceases to amaze. It also never fails to charm!
Regular flights Nice - Moscow SVO
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 0
- Wed 0
- Thu 0
- Fri 1
- Sat 0
- Sun 0
Regular flights Nice - Moscow DME
Flights per day :
- Mon 0
- Tue 0
- Wed 0
- Thu 0
- Fri 0
- Sat 1
- Sun 0
Frequently asked questions
How long does a Nice-Moscow flight take?
The average flight time between Nice and Moscow is 4 hours.
Which airlines provide direct Nice-Moscow flights?
Three airlines connect the French Riviera to the Russian capital: Aeroflot, S7 Airlines and Ural Airlines. Each company flies to a different airport: Sheremetyevo for the first, Domodedovo for the second and Zhukovsky for the third.
How many Nice-Moscow flights are there per week?
There are over 30 at the height of summer. Aeroflot provides one to four flights a day all year round. S7 Airlines and Ural Airlines start their flights when the good weather returns, and continue until the start of autumn. The first offers up to six flights a week (every day except Wednesday) and the second provides two (on Wednesdays and Saturdays).
How much does a Nice-Moscow flight cost?
The lowest price for a Nice-Moscow return ticket based on prices from the last 90 days is 268€ .
What is the time difference between Nice and Moscow?
Moscow is two hours ahead of Nice.
What is the best time of year to visit Moscow?
As we mentioned, Moscow is a city of contrasts! The winters are very cold and the summers very hot. Yet however high or low the temperatures, they do nothing to dampen Moscow’s dynamism. The city is vibrant all year round! Still, you might want the best possible conditions for your holiday in the Russian capital. In this case, opt for May or June. May offers spectacular patriotic celebrations: Labour Day on 1 May and Victory Day on 9 May (celebrating victory against the Nazis). There are no parades in June, but it’s a perfect time for long family walks in Kolomenskoye Park or for relaxation and fun in Gorky Park. Early Autumn is also a great time to visit. The sky and nature are spectacular, their magnificent and unusual colours creating the ideal backdrop for the city.